Just one Earthling

OUR HOME - THE MOST BEAUTIFUL SPOT IN THE UNIVERSE, at least to my human eyes. Planet Earth will be here and gone in a tick, but in that infinitely small sliver of time, maybe we can make a difference? I have no idea who would be around to see that difference, but we have each other now, don't we.

Saturday, September 30, 2006

Oprah on XM

Oprah joined the Larry King Show to promote her new XM radio channel, and it seems worth checking out. I groaned when they said Marianne Williamson was a part of the troupe. I attended many of her lectures in Manhattan a few decades ago, and walked away, disgusted. She was more of a performer than a spiritual healer. She has a way of twisting words around themselves so they sound like the ultimate truth. My friends worshiped her. For me, something in the milk wasn't white.

There sat Oprah, telling Larry she simply would never address the question of her and Gail's relationship and then spending the next half hour talking about it: "I don't think gay is bad, I'm just not gay, that's all" etc etc blah blah. I don't give a hoot what she does or doesn't do; I have my own life to think about.

If I had an XM radio, I think I'd subscribe to the channel. They better be good, but if you're Oprah, you don't have to be.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home